We are always looking for board members, volunteers and substitute tackers. Currently we are seeing the following:
PLCA AFTER SCHOOL TEACHER
The Payette Lakes Community Association, a non-profit, requires and after school teacher to work school days from 2:30pm to 5:30pm daily. Applicant should be experienced with children ages 5 to 12 and engage, enrich and educate enrolled children.
Send a message to PLCA4KIDS@gmail.com for more information.
Pay – $11 per hour.
Applicant will be subject to background check.
- Managing Enrollment:
- Manage registration, quarterly fee collection, and the enrollment waitlist. Provide payment receipts to parents.
- Maintain the master enrollment lists throughout the year and contact families regarding enrollment.
- Communicate any behavioral concerns expressed by teachers to parents as necessary during the school year.
- Supply Procurement:
- Procure supply items.
- Prepare and plan snack program
- Review supply lists with Board Director to determine what items the program already has and what items need to be purchased. Be knowledgeable of supplies and snacks that qualify for the outstanding grants.
- Purchase snacks and small items as necessary. Provide all receipts to the Treasurer.
- Maintain an inventory list of supplies on hand.
- Arrange for Movies as necessary.
- Check on-line to be sure movies qualify for showing at Movie Licensing USA (http://www.movlic.com/k12/index.html) – our customer number is 260466-1. You can also get Promotional Materials. Prepare permission letter on previous Friday for Monday distribution.
- Have a teacher collect any payments and give to the Treasurer.
- Guest Speakers/ Field Trips:
- Develop an ongoing list of outside speakers with contact information and arrange speakers as necessary.
- Supplies, snacks, transportation and the scheduling of guest speakers should be addressed several days in advance of the scheduled happening.
- Collaborate with teachers about guest speakers and field trip opportunities. When necessary help arrange transportation through City Transit or Harlows.
- Plan, develop and implement a monthly calendar each month by the 20th of the preceding month.
- The calendar should be placed on the website using google calendars and/or e-mailed to the parents.
- Work with the Grant Writer to investigate requirements and needs of the program and assist in the writing of potential grants.
- Research, suggest and help manage the fundraising activities for the organization.
- After School Program:
- Arrange for substitute teachers when needed.