Payette Lakes Community Association (PLCA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation operating in McCall, Idaho. Our mission is to provide a safe environment after school which promotes education, social enrichment, and character development of youth. Our program sponsors the AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM at the Barbara Morgan Elementary School and local SUMMER SENSATIONS events during the summer in McCall.
Our programs are designed to enrich the youth in our community and to increase the educational learning of at-risk children. Educational trips outside of school are provided to expand and to broaden the experiences of the children. The opportunity to interact socially with their peers and to observe positive role modeling is also beneficial to participating youth. Students in need of academic assistance are given daily help with homework in Reading, Math and Science.
- To develop After School Youth Programs with a “no walls” concept for elementary school age children.
- To serve as a coordinating body for other programs serving youth in the McCall area.
- To facilitate methods of youth giving back to their community through volunteer services in the area of the environment, education, health and safety to increase civic pride and to promote the welfare of the community.
- To coordinate and cooperate with existing organizations and agencies to establish a dedicated facility for youth, and teens.
PLCA is a non-profit corporation funded by donations of cash, goods, services, grants, or fees by association members, volunteers, local companies and service entities.
Last year, PLCA was very pleased to have received the following GRANTS:
- Idaho Community Foundation
- Idaho First Bank
- McCall Artists Connection
- Payette Lakes Progressive Club
- McCall Rotary International Club
- Perc H. Shelton and Gladys A. Pospisil Shelton Foundation
- Sullivan Foundation
- U.S. Bancorp Foundation
- 2011-2012 Title V Delinquency Prevention Grant Programs
- Idaho Power
- McCall Local Option Tax
- Kit Worthington Foundations for the Arts
- The Whittenberger Foundation
Donations are always needed to support our programs. If you would like to make a donation please click donate here on our sire or make a check payable to PLCA. Please mail your donation to PLCA, PO Box 1118, McCall, Idaho, 83638. If you have any questions please call 208-634-3418.